Thursday, December 03, 2009

like new life

The Gardener was in the hospital overnight this week, having tests to figure out what was causing his pain. At one point the doctor suggested bone cancer and ordered a full body scan. He seemed to be serious about the possible diagnosis, so I spent most of a day wondering what lay ahead of us.

God's peace was tangible and we knew many people were praying for us. It was a comfort, for sure. There was such a great relief when the doctor said "all clear" that we felt like we had been given a gift of new life.

I don't recommend what we went through this week, but it does make one pause, and consider, and be thankful for more time together. So I'm joining Rhondi in her Thankful Thursdays to say how grateful I am for the gift of my dear husband, who we call here The Gardener.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad everything turned out fine. What a worry that was for you. Isn't it good that we have a heavenly Father to lean on during times like that!
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good all the time....all the time God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that everything was clear. I am so grateful for our faithful Heavenly Father who cares for us.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're over the scare, but I have to wonder at the doctor voicing a possibility, and it not being what was wrong.

    Fear is an awful thing.

    I do love how you mentioned being so full of energy afterward, though. So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your scare is over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What good news. Good news does bring a renewal. Relief does. We at our house are glad too for the news.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...