Wednesday, December 09, 2009

home sweet home


I I love my simple kitchen window. It's a combination of a "gallery" of things I love, as well as my view of the outside world. It creates a quiet place for me to think and daydream as I do dishes--it's always a mental break for me when I work with my hands and see dirty things become sparkly clean. We had a carpenter put in the shelves on the side ... just as in my grandmother's kitchen and our kitchen when I was a child. (Love the way little things like that connect us with our history!)

So today I'm joining with Window Views ... and Doors Too, because I just love windows!

10 comments:

  1. What a nice view...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love windows too! I have never covered my windows with heavy drapes, just can't do it! :)

    Love your post below. It is full of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:29 PM

    Lovely photos. You have a nice view from your window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydia grace4:24 PM

    I love your kitchen windows. You have a gift of creating a warm atmosphere which demands a cup of tea..When can we do that? I am freer now that Bible study is over until Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have things I love around my kitchen window too
    you describe the feeling so perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your simple window too. In fact, I have indoor shutters on my kitchen windows that look very much like yours. And I have favourite objects placed over the top edge of the bottom window too. I'm guessing your house is an old one. (Mine is.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do so wish I had a kitchen window. I would wash my dishes more frequently if I had somewhere to gaze out of and daydream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're wonderful. Just reminding you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lovely kitchen window and a view of feeding birds too. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my kitchen window too, podso! Your is so lovely! I have to get some Christmasy things up on the sill... :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...