Monday, November 23, 2009

Just a small thing


They didn't need me at work today so I had unexpected time to get some things done. One was shopping for my mom. When I got all her stuff unloaded, we realized that one of the bottles of liquid pain medicine was leaking; in fact, it had no stopper on it. I was just a bit frustrated as I knew it would mean a trip back to my (not) favorite very large store.

I decided to take it calmly and drove back to a stuffed full parking lot. Oh but wait, there was one parking space right up near the door? Sure enough, it was not a handicapped spot (aren't they usually when you get up to them?). I went in and the guy who stickered my return item was one of the nicest guys who works there (he acts like he's a butler welcoming you into his southern plantation house!), and when I got to the return place, only one person was in line ahead of me! Smooth! And the young woman who returned my item actually apologized for my inconvenience.

I got back to the car and realized this is one moment to be thankful about. It could well have been a coincidence, but I think God is in the small things, giving me a break I did not deserve (that's grace.) As we approach a day set aside especially for giving thanks, I'm trying to be grateful for the little things often unnoticed, all orchestrated by our loving God.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that I could be sitting across from you sipping tea one day. I'd just love that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...