Sunday, November 01, 2009

Back at Me


I don't have a "before" photo, but picture a wooden, sort of tired looking vintage (I'm guessing) 1960s tray. I found it for a couple of dollars at our local Habitat for Humanity shop. Immediately I knew what I was going to do with it, and it turned into my first experience of "blackboarding." I used the same green paint as the cabinet I transformed a few weeks ago, added the black paint, and then gave it as a housewarming gift to a young friend of mine who just settled into her first apartment on her own. She seemed pleased, and I liked its "modern" look (which is what we called such a look back in "the day.")

Actually there is an "after" picture, as here it is in Tiph's apartment. Imagine my delight to get a picture postcard thank you note from her ... a photo of the tray now at home in her apartment, with "thank you" written on it. Clever young lady!

For more transformations, see Between Naps on the Porch.

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:35 PM

    This is very cute!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more than impressed with both the gift and the thank you note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool, love blackboard paint!

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cute. I'm dying to get some blackboard paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Love chalkboard paint. I haven't done a project with it in a few weeks--now my mind is spinning

    I followed you and hope you will come by for a visit and if you like what you see follow me too-I lov to get to know new gals/

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a perfect gift: can totally see you making that and giving it to her and can totally see her loving it!=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:22 AM

    What a cute idea!!

    Linky party here:http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/11/room-month-bookshelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever! It turned out great. I love chalkboard paint! There are so many uses for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fun!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog -- and, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the no-knead bread!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific! I think having something to write on the kitchen should be mandatory especially when it's as cute as this.
    Dena
    Sweet Pickles and Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  11. That black looks fab with the green...perfect mix, and matches the retro vibe of the tray. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep saying I have to do this and haven't gotten around to it for my 7-year olds room. Love how you wrote on it; very cute presentation! I am definitely clicking on your "Follow Button"; please visit and do the same if you like what you see!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still haven't done a chalkboard project yet. This looks great. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't done the chalkboard thing either!! Lovin' yours. It did, indeed, work. Looks great.
    Thanks for coming over - I'm following ya.
    Rhodnda

    ReplyDelete
  15. So caaaaaaaute !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi podso... I love your chalkboard...I think I like this one the best out of the ones I have seen out in blogland...SO cute..
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea and a unique gift to give. Very clever.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...