Thursday, November 12, 2009

for your heart


These pancakes are all we eat at our house now. The story goes that an older man with heart trouble was determined to figure out a way to make heart healthy pancakes, and he did. My aunt passed the recipe on to me, and everyone I serve them to asks to have the recipe. Though I've posted it before, it is worth posting again!



1/2 C whole wheat flour
2 TB wheat germ
1 1/2 C quick oats (or not quick, as you prefer)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 Tb oil
2 beaten eggs
2 C butter milk (or 2 C milk w/ 1 Tb lemon juice)





We always add fresh, frozen, or dried blueberries and have renamed them "blue berry pancakes" at our house.


For more delicious recipes, go to "Foodie Fridays" at Designs by Gollum

6 comments:

  1. We've enjoyed this recipe many times- with blueberries and with chocolate chips! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give this recipe a try! Your pancakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 AM

    OK. I just grabbed a recipe card and wrote it down. I talk with my Dad every weekend over the phone (he's 85 now) and he's been on a quest for the perfect pancake recipe. This looks/reads as an amazing recipe. I'll be sure to try it and share it around.

    Thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend!
    :)
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM......a bit like The Flying
    Biscuit's pancakes that I love.
    I can smell the aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They certainly sound healthy.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking pancakes. I will definitely be trying them!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...