Friday, November 27, 2009

for the wee ones


I like to make home made cards but sometimes it takes time for an inspiration to come. When I'm busy, the creative juices flow more slowly. So the card for this sweet baby's first birthday was late. But suddenly the idea came, and here it is (above).

I also notice that Little One loves her little "baby" doll especially when she needs a little comfort. I also noticed that she fingers the little silky tag on the dollie more than anything. So I wondered what she would do with this texturized little nameless thing. I grabbed some muslin and other fabric I had around, and started cutting tags out of some old clothes. I haven't heard what she thinks of it, but I mailed it to her with a pumpkin card. She says "pump" for pumpkin. Such a fun age!

For more show and tells see Cindy's blog, My Romantic Home.

6 comments:

  1. That is very creative and so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely WONDERFUL idea, one only a grandmother would come up with.

    I think you're onto something here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Very personal ...

    Thanks for sharing and have a GRAND weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wee one is so cute! I love the card.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Please let me know what she thinks of it. My mom used to sew a lot so each of her grandkids received a gift of empty thread spools corded together to make a spool necklace they could play with. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...