Monday, April 06, 2009

tea farm paths


Sorry I have a little more to tell about Africa. Along the paths of my walks through the tea farms, I always loved meeting children. They like to talk to me, practicing their English. The first little girl, age seven, was carrying her four-month old baby brother on her back while her mama hung out the laundry at their little house, pictured below. I enjoyed greeting her mama, and talking about babies (she even asked for feeding advice when she learned I was a baby nurse!) Another time we met this family of children walking home from school. 

The littlest, age four, was in "nursery." What a very long walk that little, serious guy had to and from school.
 No school bus, no parents driving him to class.  They really touched my heart.



4 comments:

  1. You've definitely caught the spirit of those sweet babies. Such pretty smiles.

    Thanks so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More stories please!
    I walked to school to ~~ I'm sure they had further to walk though!
    Gorgeous photos!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. And I am all for more!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...