Wednesday, April 22, 2009

tuesday impromptu


After my full day of continuing education classes, the Gardener and I grabbed a bite of (delicious) supper at a brand new New York style diner a walk from our house. Then we headed to the art museum where admission is free on Tuesdays after five. We had a lovely walk along the gardens from our car parked almost near the main road. (In other words, we weren't the only ones taking advantage of free admission; the parking lot was full.) We were there to see a traveling exhibit. Feasting for the eyes and enrichment for the soul! Restful! Of course I especially was thrilled to see a Mary C*ssatt. But this is the one that took my breath away the most. It was as though I could feel her cool hands, and the hem of her skirt rustled against me in a slight breeze.

It's not often we do something so impromptu, but it was such a fun evening.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds fun!=) So what was your CE on? And what is this New York diner place? (I'm very nosy, aren't I?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so you're being spontaneous too!? It's definitely a good thing. Your *date* sounds like it was wonderful, and not to be improved upon.

    Must do it again (reminder to self too!).

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...