Wednesday, April 29, 2009

a collection


Friend Susi always sends a L*ng Christmas card (love 'em), surrounding a letter filled with vivid details about the lives of her six children. One year she sent a different kind of card, and I mentioned it to her. We were friends years ago back in high school, but have always kept in touch because we are "kindred spirits."  We are both baby nurses and love to crochet, write, do other crafts ... plus the years we were together were filled with lots of memorable adventures and momentous events in our lives. 

Since my comment, she makes sure I get a L*ng card each year. Even if others on her list don't. I always save them and when cleaning out recently looked at them all again. Treasures! As well as her friendship. A couple of years ago a square box arrived in the mail. Inside: a Lang MUG from Susi.  Just thinking of me! I'm rich because of her friendship. And what is most dear to me, is that she prays for us every day. That is priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, priceless !
    Lovely blog and what a dear friend.
    She knows you well too.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...