Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Early Morning

There is just nothing quite like a warm spring morning. It's a reason to get out of bed. Today is especially gorgeous here in the sunny south. The dew is fresh, all is quiet except for the bird symphony. It's my favorite time of the day. Today reminds me of why I've always been a morning person. I remember 30 years ago how I'd get up early and ride my bike to nearby Lake Michigan to watch the sun rise. And I wrote:

The freshness and beauty 
of early morn,
when all is new and clean and bright.
Quiet prevails in all grace and power 
like a queen 
in rich majesty on her throne.

The rising sun bathes my face
while an oratorio of birds is
music 
to my ears.
I am mesmerized by water lapping 
on the shore, the
vastness of the deep, blue sea.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...a great poem.
    Thanks for posting that and the lovely photo. Yes, today was one of those spring into summer days when you want the garden to grow IF there are plants in it. Ours got bought today! Great day at the Farmer's Market also!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...