Thursday, April 16, 2009

Baby sister



My dad's baby sister died this week. Five boys and then along came a little baby girl. She was, in a sense, an only child for some of her years at home. I remember loving to peek into her feminine pink room at my grandmother's house, and her pink tiled bathroom. I remember her honey mellow voice. And her gift at the piano.  She studied at Jul*ard. There were many years that I did not see my aunt, but we connected again at a family reunion a couple of years back. It has been so sweet to be in touch these past years. Her brothers are all in heaven, and this week, she joined them. We miss her. She was always there. And now she's not.

3 comments:

  1. I remember your speaking of going back to your dad's home and how the people who lived there now let you come in and spend some time there. You shared about the sister then.

    It will be interesting to know what reunions are like in heaven, won't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia grace4:43 PM

    I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Your memorial to her is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss but good to know she is in a better place.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...