Sunday, March 29, 2009

a pinch yourself moment





I had a hard time believing I was on a safari in Africa. Even if we had not seen any animals, we were "on a safari." I could not get over it the whole day long. My very most favorite part was the stillness after we turned off the vehicle's engine to watch the animal we had spotted.We would not say a word, or only whisper, as we snapped our photos, standing under the raised roof. What quiet, what grace, how amazing, what a wonder to watch, what a memory made. All understatements.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome...nice giraffe for pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia grace4:57 PM

    I can almost feel the 'hush' of the moment as you watched in awe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly the reason I'd love to go to Africa someday. There's not another place on the planet like that.

    So happy you had a time like this. So glad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooo cool! As many pictures as I take at the zoo, I can only imagine how much cooler that was seeing the animals in their own element! I must see all pictures later!=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing photos-what an experience.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...