Monday, March 02, 2009

The Little Book Collection

An hour "out and about" to some of the local charity shops (I know it's g*od will or s*lvation army, but I like to say "charity" like they do in England, it's somehow sweeter) with the Gardener the other day brought quite a find.  A shelf full of just-priced, like new but vintage, B*eatrice P*tter books! 

 Our boys, when they were young, collected quite a few, including the classic first, Peter Rabbit, gifted to Eldest by a family friend before his birth. But here I found several we were missing ... all far less than buying them new, even back then. And I discovered, 30 years after beginning the collection, that the little hard-bound volumes are numbered. duh. So that knowledge that I was missing all these years, now lets me know what I'm really missing in terms of collecting a full set.  I quickly phoned Lydia Grace who joins me in this quest for BP books.  Funny that she had just watched P*tter the evening before. At her request I turned the car around and went back to buy out the rest of them for her. What a find. I can't wait to start reading them to "Little One."

6 comments:

  1. Those are a great find!! How fun for little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 AM

    And I do thank you for turning around that day..Nice to know you know what I like. Grandblessing is coming this week for a visit and I shall read one to her...or two...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that warms my heart. I'm trying to collect 5 sets for my grandchildren , one for each of my children's children!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a fun, special find...the best kind. Enjoy with Little One!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:05 PM

    One more thing I didn't know we had in common. I have a few, with my favorite character being Mrs. Tiggywinkle. I gave up and bought one large book that contained ALL the stories, and hopefully all the illustrations. Never like the little books though...Cousin B

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...