Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What's in a Teapot?


What's in a teapot? Besides steaming hot tea, of course.  Someone anonymous in my daily tea quotes said it well, "Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company."

A teapot conjures up not just the warmth of the tea that will warm my hands by holding the cup, but the warmth in my heart by the friendships of those who share the tea with me. But then there are my favorite small teapots I use when I enjoy "decompressing" alone after a busy day. 

Photo: A recent teapot find at a resale shop. It's "hotel china." I love it! Could you not just picture yourself in a chaise lounge at a luxury hotel, linen napkin on your lap, pouring tea from such a pot as you read the morning paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...