Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Grace of Strength

"Every trouble is an opportunity to win the grace of strength. Whatever else trouble is in the world for, it is here for this good purpose: to develop strength.... Fortunately, every day is crowded with care. Every day to everyone of us brings its questions, its worries, and its tasks; (every day) brings its sufficiency of trouble. Thus we get our daily spiritual exercise. Every day we are blessed with new opportunities for the development of strength of soul."
                                                George Hodges (born 1856)

1 comment:

  1. Amen! We need to remember they are *opportunities*...consider it all joy:) (James)
    I enjoyed your post on nursing-I used to be a nurse too and began (also ended) my career at a nursing home. I couldn't manage homeschooling and working. I do miss it at times though and am quite rusty!
    Have a great day!
    Rene'
    PS. great photo in your header!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...