Monday, March 09, 2009

Fire Hazard

A magazine happened to be sitting on the breakfast table this morning and I picked it up (shame on me for doing this rather than interacting with the Gardener eye to eye) and leafed through it casually.  The Gardener leaned into my space a bit, "What is your favorite magazine to read? Do you like one more than the others?"
I really didn't want to talk right then. It was a bit too chatty for this hour of the morning. Suddenly it dawned on me. Last night at the grocery store I found F*ireproof at R*dbox and we watched it (a nod to this film--for sure it's no Star War caliber but well worth viewing; the story draws you in). The Gardener was just trying out some of the stuff the young man in the film used as he wooed his wife.

"This is all because of the movie!" I smiled at him. And said it again after he put his arm around me in church, opened the car door, and later came up to me, placed his hand on my shoulder and tenderly asked, "How are you doing?" Not that the Gardener isn't always (usually) sweet to me, but all this at once was pretty cool, and became a bit of a joke throughout the day. Maybe we should watch the movie regularly!

Photo: No magazine on this breakfast table. Just a poached egg that lost its way. Actually it's one of my BIL's flawless poached eggs. So slick and round, it slipped right off the plate.

1 comment:

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...