Monday, September 29, 2008

Runaway Bride


The wedding was beautiful in its simplicity, very much the bride and groom and their view of life. No big frills, but elegant in its own way. After the family members, groomsmen, and bridesmaids were down the aisle, and the adorable flower girls had prepared the bridal pathway with their rose petals, I closed the back door. No bride? The minister feigned surprise. "Isn't someone missing?" he asked. "Do we have a runaway bride situation?" I played along and put my hands up in the air, as everyone of course had turned around to look at the closed door and saw me instead of the anticipated bride. Then Brian turned to the groom and began to talk to him about what was about to take place ... said some meaningful things ... most of which I didn't hear as I was nervously listening for the "cue" sentence. When it arrived I flung open the door, gave Bride and dad a pat, straightened the train, and down she went to the waiting arms of her awestruck groom.

















(I didn't know that part of my job description was pinning a flower on each of these guys and all the mothers, fathers, grandmothers, and grandfathers, but as far as I know I didn't pierce any of them!)






















After the wedding was a great party, barbecue style. Many of the casual centerpiece flowers were put together by the bridesmaids after their brunch. After the new Mr. and Mrs. changed and ran through some birdseed, they got into their incredibly decorated car (what a fun tradition, right?) and drove to ... our car ... where I had copies of the marriage license. Guess they wanted to take one along since they were leaving the country. Today I'll take that large pink envelope and mail it to the powers that be. My last official duty as W.C.



(My photos have my "artistic?"  bend to them, so as not to steal prime time from the real wedding photos.)


2 comments:

  1. A great post, and a wonderful job for you. I think your sister told me once that they called you the "camp director." That is a real service, isn't it, to help keep everything coordinated.

    I like your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:57 PM

    I love your artistic flair and your commentary...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...