Saturday, September 13, 2008

back at me

So yesterday was the much anticipated (dreaded?)  computer class. I was up early, did the long drive to the other side of town...and got settled in good time at the computer. After an hour in class I was sent home because I had no backs to my shoes. (Stop and absorb that! I'm talking about a computer class at a training center very far from the esteemed hospital where I work. I can understand dress code for employees at the hospital for classes, but at a training center---and an all day class?)

Believe me I had a few hard feelings on the drive home, and not a few tears of frustration. I wore the shoes I always wear, and, in my humble opinion,  I looked quite respectable--more than many of the others in the class with backs on their shoes. I happened to be at a place where my feet were visible to the little black suit that apparently checks shoes (she actually had three pages of images of acceptable and unacceptable shoes.)

I drove back at one to do a 1 to 10 (pm) class. With the right shoes on. At the training center I counted no less than five women with open backed shoes, not being sent home. 

But the point is, I had to remind myself of what I wrote here earlier. The post about God's providence and how He knows best. I had to believe there were reasons for yet another postponement. (I did have a better instructor in this class.)  So once I had wrestled with my fretting sin nature, I accepted another postponement as from God. And, amazingly I was filled with a wonderful peace as I drove the long drive back to class. Only two more classes to go. You can be sure I'll remember to wear the correct shoes.

(not my photo or fingers)


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Don't those frustrations that come out of the blue just throw you. I'm not out in the world, like you are, but to have a dress code regarding shoes for a class sounds pretty amazing to me.

    I think you handled it well, and your feelings are well understandable. We just never know...

    Btw, I always wear clogs, so I'd be driving back home with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:35 PM

    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!
    Your redeemed attitude is a blessing to me. I am sure I would have wrestled with this one..

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...