Monday, September 15, 2008

first phone conversation


Youngest son was talking to the Gardener tonight and sweet granddaughter was crying in the background. "Hey, Pop," said Youngest, a.k.a. "the new father," "wanna talk to her?"

"Oh she's a little young for that I think."  

"What?" I interjected, "you can talk to her!"

So they did. Grandfather's quiet voice saying sweet things to a crying baby.  She stopped and began to listen. And then she started to talk back (cooing.)

The first of many, God willing.
 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed, there will be many more. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. That is precious.

    She looks straight into the camera.
    Straight into my eyes, like she's looking at me!

    Amazing girl.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so touching! Makes me miss my grandfathers so much.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...