Wednesday, November 25, 2009

thankful for the memories


Years ago the Gardener would leave church early every Sunday to go visit a prisoner (the only visiting hours there were.) Around Christmas time one year, the friend in prison gathered together some of his meager prison job earnings and gave us a money gift to buy something special. I bought a unique little Christmas church/tree/carolers scene to use at Christmas, and this little Pilgrim couple. I have said before how I love the way things in our home bring memories, and this is a precious one, as painful as it is.


(By the way, don't Mr. and Mrs. Pilgrim look like they are posing here?)The painful experiences, the pleasant times, the laughter--and especially the people in our lives--all together make up our family story. I'm thankful for our rich family history this week. It's what God has planned for us, and it's very good.

3 comments:

  1. Such sweet little faces they have, and what a special story to go along with them.

    Do you remember those Thanksgiving candles you used to be able to buy at the drugstore...little pilgrims and indians? The wick was in their heads. Wish I could still find those...so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lives must have meant so much to that prisoner to have done that. That would be a very cherished gift to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story. I love when items we have come with special stories.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...