Tuesday, August 27, 2013

book baby

The book baby safely arrived this weekend and we are rejoicing!
I finished her little blanket and cap just in time to 
take them to the hospital to welcome her.

I tend to just "go with it" when I crochet. This "pattern" starts with knitting 
a square (actually a dishrag pattern) and then I crochet around the square
 (sometimes turning it into a rectangle) until I get to the size I want.
The flower is another story and each one turns out a
little differently, but at least they do turn out.
I think it adds so much style to the cap.
But all knitting aside, this is a seriously beautiful little girl born to some very 
special new parents, young friends of ours. I'm looking forward to watching 
her grow up. And her mama was so sweet to text me pics as they went home
from the hospital. The hat matched the planned outfit.
I have no doubt that she'll teach her little one to also be a thoughtful young woman.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, she is just adorable! Look at that sweet smile. Precious. Is this a new grandbaby for you? The hat and blanket are very pretty. So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, welcome new baby! Your talent for crocheting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see the sweet recipient of all those books. The hat is very special. I wish I had the talent for handmade gifts.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. An pretty, and thoughtful homemade gift for such an adorable little girl.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a doll! How special a handmade gift is and it looks so perfect on her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious baby!!! And a beautiful cap and blanket for her!!
    : ) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling little girl. The cap with the flower is so pretty on her. I love the gray color of it and the blanket. There's nothing like a newborn for sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable-it was perfect for her!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so precious!! And, your hat and blanket are just perfect for her!! WELCOME to The Book Baby! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly beautiful baby.

    I laughed about how your knitting projects turn out. When I crochet, it is never the same from one project to the next. And I don't think I could ever duplicate a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sweet little girl the hat is good too.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is just darling! Your little hat is so sweet and so are you to do this for your friend.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a wonderful job with that dear little hat! So thoughtful of the mom to send you a picture of the little one wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Podso,
    Ah~h~h. . .what a precious little face in her new hat and blanket!!!
    I, agree, when one is rooted in Christ. . .love abounds!!!
    So very thoughtful, indeed, of her to share those first photos with you. . .and you with us!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty little girl. Your blanket and cap came out so pretty, love the colors. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet a new little someone to love - she looks so beautiful! Congrats and blessings to the new little family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is so beautiful and so is her gift!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...