Wednesday, June 12, 2013

the rest of the story




I made more fruit sticks and we had us a tea party today. Three new neighbor girls and a little church friend and I have been talking about a tea party for some time and it finally happened. With our neighbors' out of town guests, we had six little girls around the table.

What a delight to see all the girls arrive dressed in sweet summer dresses.




Cupcakes, gold fish, fruit ...
Chocolate chip scones with lemon curd and clotted cream ...
Chocolate cakes and chocolate chip biscotti . . .
. . . tea ... and more tea. Some of these girls seemed very familiar with a tea party.
They had cup after cup of Earl Grey Decaf or Raspberry Tea and 
knew about lemon curd and clotted cream. 
When we cleared the table later I was amazed to see almost everything gone! 
These little ladies can eat! And drink tea! I had to make several pots.
And what I chuckled about the most was the empty sugar bowl! 
Their poor moms tonight!
Before we ate each girl read a Bible verse from the scroll at her place.
Under each plate there was a question for the girls to answer. 
It helped us to get to know each other.  
After we ate we learned to make little boxes out of recycled greeting cards.

I was so blessed to have these little girls spend the afternoon with me!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! I love that! Those little girls are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious. What an impression you have made on these young girl's lives by sharing tea and scones with them and teaching them the gift of hospitality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! Tea parties are the best!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful memories you're making! You blessed those little girls with the gift of YOU, and they are fortunate indeed. Funny how blessed you feel, too, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dotsie...what a gift for entertaining and hostessing you have...and the little girls are so blessed to have been there.

    Wish I was a little girl on your street. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful afternoon you had, Dot, and your pictures are so pretty! These girls are real ladies. I know that in the South they have events on how to do a proper tea and be at one for young ladies...that was foreign to me until I started to blog! Maybe your little guests had no "training" but they seemed to be the perfect company!

    I drank quite a bit of tea as a young girl...my mother thought it was the cure for everything. Never sugar, sometimes cream. Although I'm a big coffee drinker now, I still love tea when I'm not feeling well or I just feel sentimental.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. The table looks lovely, especially the pink tablecloth laden with all the goodies.
    I like the idea of the educational and sharing component to the party.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a blessing to those girls. I'm sure they will remember this tea party for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful...delightful!
    What a beautiful table, and what a lovely feast you laid out for these little ladies! A feast for the eyes, a feast for the body, and a feast for the spirit. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fortunate little ladies! Your table is beautiful and the treats look delicious. I'm sure you'll have a special spot in the girls' hearts forever!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and they are so blessed to have such loving attentions from you, Dotsie. I do believe the best gift a person can give is that of time and attention to another... then, you add a picture perfect, delicious tea party to boot! Perfection. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable table and tea parties are so much fun for little girls. Such sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Podso,
    I adored all the details of your Tea Party!!! Such a blessing to see this ritual of 'taking tea' pasted down to another generation of Women!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun, and I know the girls will remember the occasion for a long time. Your tea table is (was!) groaning with so many luscious goodies, and the chine so pretty. What a lovely blessing for everyone who got to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! And how sweet of you to invite them over for a party.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a lovely afternoon! G felt very special and "grown up." Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...