Monday, June 10, 2013

all dressed up and no place to go

 Hmm, let's see, what can I put together here? I was having a tea party for some little girls and wanted to add fruit to the menu, but in a fun way. Could I make it work with what was in the frig? Cantelope, strawberries and blueberries? Sure enough, I found some toothpicks and I carefully sliced the fruit and put it on "mini skewers." I should have checked my email just a tad earlier, but as soon as I finished, I did, and learned that three of the four little girls were stranded out of town with a sick mama so had to cancel.



Never mind, we're trying it again this week. Meanwhile, I thought my little fruit charmers turned out . . . well,  . . . charming. And when the grand Little Ones came over this week they had more fun eating their fruit!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely little kabobs...my grands like to make their own so I cut up the fruit and put out the skewers and they enjoy their creations.

    Hope that mama isn't down for long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are charming! Any little girl (or big girl!) would enjoy these pretty bites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A labor of love for a little (or big) girl tea tray!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the thing to make something that is ordinary, special!

    Cute idea!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Little One will love these. Hope the sick momma is feeling better! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even presentation for little ones can make the difference between yummy and yucky!
    They look delicious Dotsie and would be nice for one of our own tea parties.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really cute idea. I think girls, big or small, would enjoy eating them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Podso,
    Perfect, charming way to intice little ones to healthy eating!!! Big ones would like them, too!!! I'll be watching for more on this upcoming Tea Party!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are lovely....so yummy looking. You make a very special table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. My little ones will like these and be so proud of me for making them.
    Smiles, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look very refreshing on a hot summer's day, and very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...