Thursday, February 16, 2012

do they text from heaven?




The Gardener must have read my recent post about not wanting expensive fresh flowers, because he gave me some. Well, from a budget grocery store. When I came home he was gone and obviously had been in a hurry leaving as they were stuck in a water glass, still wrapped up, and very much dying. But the gorgeous color of yellow drew me to them and I got to work (yellow roses are special to me.) Amazingly when I took off the dying petals and trimmed them up they came to life and are so beautiful. We are enjoying them. I'm sure there is a life lesson here, like "never give up on something ..."







The day after Valentine's as I was driving, my phone beeped with a text. I read it at the next red light. My eyes popped out a bit. Obviously this must have been sent to a wrong number, but for a brief time I let it seem like my dad had really texted me from heaven. It's what I would have wanted to read.

The only thing a little in question is his last statement, "See you soon." Of course time has no measure in heaven, so hopefully this isn't literal on our time frame. :-)





14 comments:

  1. Hi Podo
    I'll bet a shiver ran down your spine when you read this message. I hope I don't have to learn how to text for getting through the pearly gates. :-)
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that brought a quick hot tear. Two special gifts. The color yellow of those roses is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roses are lovely. The text must have given you quite a startle!! Technology in heaven? Why not?

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...my eyes are filled with tears. That was no mistake! That was your daddy telling you how much he loves you and how proud he is of you. Did it come to you through another daddy? Yes, but daddies stick together because they all love their little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like yellow roses too! What a text! I know it would have caught my attention as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great that you could revive your roses.

    What a sweet text - I would probably keep it for awhile, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh !!! Just so very special,Podo.
    Hugs, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is unbelievable and I believe it to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah. What a strange text to receive and what a strange feeling you must have felt reading it. It gave me goose bumps. The roses are such a soft yellow - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool - I'm sure that you're Dad was smiling down when you read that.

    I don't text yet:)

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That text certainly would make you pause and wonder. Signs are all around us, some more evident than others. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always appreciate how you find lessons in everything... We share that trait... do you think it is a nursing commonality? ;)

    That text would have had my attention, too. Did you reply to let him know his text was misdirected... or to make a later reservation... ;)

    Hope you have a wonderful day, Dotsie. blessings ~ tanna
    ps love your Valentine's mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a surprise text message to receive! It is too bad the intended recipient didn't get it, but nice that it brought a smile to you.

    The meaning of yellow roses in flower language is "freidnship." :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Podso,
    I always gave my beloved Grandmother yellow roses. She had china with yellow roses on them. I was the only grandchild who ever noticed them. My sibling has them now in her china cabinet. I have MoMa's pink rose china. I have mixed emotions about the text. Like you, I'm sure the text reached a wrong number...but the message is intriquing, indeed!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...