Saturday, January 15, 2011

aftermath

Amazing here in the south to see snow on the ground for a week! While the main roads are clear, one still needs to drive carefully through neighborhoods as patches of ice still line the street. As I drove home last night, the lights from houses and street lights reflecting on frozen yards was noteworthy. It looked like a sea of skating rinks. Even though our temperatures remain low, the sun is slowly doing its work. It's also a reminder that spring will come. Meanwhile, I, at least, am enjoying this "real" winter!

8 comments:

  1. It is good to have clear roads... I am hoping the sun will pop out soon. We are getting cold drizzle... Makes us enjoy spring all the morel

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Real" winter makes spring even dearer!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will definitely be ready for spring won't we? But like you, I'm kind of enjoying the winter.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a week.....snow and rain, freezing temperatures, and yesterday up to +11. Last night we had high winds that caused more tree damage and today is still and cold. Bring on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad the roads are clearing up for you. Ice is scary.

    Have a great week.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for you! I am so glad to hear someone say they were enjoying the weather. ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dotsie, I'm making a request for the Calico Beans recipe. I haven't ever had that. =)

    That pattern for the kimono is available on Lionbrand.com. They have several free patterns that I enjoy checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Podso,
    Adore your photo of the park bench! Our snow is nearly gone, as well. More is forecasted for this weekend. . .time will tell! Did I mention that I LOVE SNOW?
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...