Sunday, December 26, 2010

christmas card

We had a white Christmas. Well sort of. It started snowing after dark, so officially we had snow on Christmas. But when I woke early this morning, Boxing Day, the world was white with new fallen snow. As I drove to work with big flakes bouncing on the windshield. I was astounded by the beauty. Many homes, particularly the larger ones towards downtown, had their Christmas lights on, reflecting softly on the snow. Since I don't remember a snow like this at Christmas, I realized that for the first time our fair southern city looked like a Christmas card. I'm so glad I had that beautiful drive this morning! With the dropping temperatures tonight, we may have the snow around for at least part of another day!

10 comments:

  1. Snow, snow everywhere! I'm glad you got it to make Christmas more special {it does for me}.

    I love the picture!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really dislike cold ,but snow could be nice maybe for only one day.
    Smiles.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting for snow pictures! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking very Christmasy indeed. Magical and very wintry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a picture perfect setting! Enjoy your winterwonderland. Safe, warm wishes to you and yours. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo. Now that we live in Florida the only snow I see is in pictures. Sometimes I miss just one good nor'easter but.....

    Happy New Year!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. It IS beautiful, Dotsie! There is something almost magical feeling about the snow. The quiet. The beauty. I enjoy it, though we don't have it very often this far south either. Drive carefully and savor the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love newly fallen snow--the cleanness and quietness of it. I also like to be the first one to drive on snow-filled roads. We had a white Christmas here as well.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Podso,
    I LOVE SNOW! We haven't yet received any in our mid~western town. . . but soon, I hope! Thank you for sharing this lovely photo!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...