Tuesday, September 14, 2010

road trip


Earlier this summer, on a hot, sultry day, the Gardener and I took a couple of hours for a "mini-vacation" and explored the northern part of our city, up to what I call the "Lake District." We found a little dive where we ate lunch and enjoyed the best little fries I've ever eaten. Delicate, round, and delicious.


Then we drove around the top of the lake on a country road that came to a little crossroads town.


Are you seeing what we saw? We said, "What's all the red about?"
 Must have been a special on red roofing.


Everywhere we looked we saw red. Roofs that is. 


And one red door. And you see just why this was the best red of all. 


Amazing how refreshing just a few hours away can be. 
With, of course, some ice cream.






9 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so refreshing. It is nice to get off the beaten path and find these special places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all that red, but especially the red door, and the red checked curtains, and also I'm quite sure I would have loved the ice cream too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia grace12:02 PM

    We use to go to that country store in Terrell..the kids loved it. There use to be a Christmas tree lot nearby where we would cut down our tree..
    Thanks for the memory of this..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun place for a day trip...I'm with you-love the red! A color co-ordinated town...my kind of place!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the door and the curtains - someday I'm going to fulfill my desire for red gingham in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have hardly done any exploring since we moved here. Where did you go? We need an outing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really good idea. A and I should do this sometime! I want one of those fries...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect outing. The red adds a vibrance and sense of fun! Glad you enjoyed such a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect outing. The red adds a vibrance and sense of fun! Glad you enjoyed such a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...