Wednesday, September 08, 2010

five views from one


I had one photo on my computer of this tea party from a few years ago, so I decided
to do a little cropping and see how many views I could come up with.


Umm ... some are a bit blurry, but ...


One thing I like to do at a tea party is to use all different tea cups from those 
I've collected over the years. You know that "variety is the spice of life."


My mom gave me the teacup below when I got engaged. And I love using the crystal 
glasses she got for  a wedding present from her mom's sunday school class!


I often put something to read at each place setting. See the little pieces of paper? They are quotes about tea. They are sort of "conversation starters." I also notice a check on the plate to the left. I guess I owed money to whoever would be sitting at that place, and was being organized. ( I also like to use place cards. It saves the confusion of figuring out where to sit and is so "Jane Austen-ish" if you know what I mean.)


Connecting my Spring teaparty to Between Naps on the Porch.
 I'm thinking you'll see a few Fall table settings, for we're all in the mood for a change in seasons, aren't we?

14 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a different tea cup at each setting! This makes me want to have a tea party just to do that. I also like name/place cards too. Great tea party table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute table and I love the cropping to come up with different views!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your tables...always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly appreciate sitting down to a table like this--little touches of caring strewn about, the mismatched teacups (stories usually attached to each one) and the anticipation of good food and good fellowship. Very nice!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eclectic mix of various tea cups in your tablescape is adorable! I enjoy using place cards, as well. Keep the inspiring post coming.
    Fondly, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have tea with you at your lovely table.
    Smiles
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mix-matches turns to be a great idea and fabulous.

    Happy TS...

    Greetings from Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea to have a different cup for each place. This is such a pretty luncheon table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it that each of the pieces represents a memory for you. Your friends must relish sitting at your table. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay Clifford

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love tables that are set with memories, as well as dishes. This is lovely and you did a great job with all the different viewpoints.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, Podso! And you can leave a check at my plate anytime!
    Nope, hanging on to summer as long as I can! I like Fall but you know what follows! And I don't have any Cherry Ames books to get me through the winter.
    Do you remember what age they are appropriate for? My gdau is 9, I wonder if she would like them. I think I was older when I read them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tea party. Especially if I can pick my teacup! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty tea party table! I love the mix of cups. Great idea to crop the photo for the different views.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sweet friend...

    Ohhh...what a beautiful table, Dotsie! I really enjoyed looking at all the different teacups...sooo pretty! And...I love the pretty pink plates with the roses! So glad that you found this photo and shared it with us...such a treat, my friend!

    I was just reading your most recent post! I'm with you, I really do dislike clothes shopping! I can't tell you how many times that I did the exact same thing as you! Shop...shop...SHOP...and still not really finding anything that I like! I'm sure that you found something really pretty in your closet, Girlfriend! I hope ya'll have a great time at the wedding!!!

    Love ya,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...