Friday, February 28, 2014

Dressed up

 I love to dress up rice especially for a company meal. It's great to serve with
chicken or seafood. I saute finely chopped red peppers and onion in olive oil.
 Meanwhile cook tiny pasta and brown rice 
with some chicken seasoning.
 Add sliced/chopped fresh mushrooms to the onion
mix, with some salt, pepper, and garlic. A nice
addition (not shone) is chopped fresh spinach.
 Add sliced black olives and set aside.
 Mix drained rice and pasta in a large bowl, add feta cheese.
Add the vegetable mix with some more olive oil and seasonings if needed. 
I also like to include halved grape tomatoes. 
Serve lukewarm as a side dish.
Joining with Foodie Friday today.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Dotsie,

    Yummy-looking photos this morning! :-D This sounds wonderful; I really love rice. I must admit though, that I can't eat Feta cheese or any kind of blue cheese. Nope. I just can't get past that texture and smell. :) My mom and sister kid me about it, but it's just my little quirk. I do love most every other kind of cheese though, so I could substitute some Parmesan, what do you think?

    Thanks for sharing your recipe -- I hope you have a great weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would love to have me make this for her! All of her favorite ingredients. It sure looks pretty and nutritious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dish has all of my favorite things and would certainly add to a nice roast of beef or chicken. With the feta, it could stand alone for lunch or a light supper.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that looks so good this morning! I am going straight to Pinterest...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything with rice. That looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't cook, but I will pass this recipe along to Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I say bring it on!!! Looks fab! I love meals like these. Reminds me a bit of those processed rice and pasta mixes that are in the market. I never buy those, it's just as easy to create something fresh.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious. I like to serve some of the rice blends for company that we can buy from the Bulk Barn. My favourite has wild, black and long grain rice with lentils, daikon radish and spices. It's really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious looking dish. It would be great with almost anything, and a stand alone for a lighter meal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sound really good. I'd like to eat it as my main course!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to do this tonight! i have a huge container of left over already cooked rice, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...