Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Shoe Fairy Part II



I had a sort of pay-it-back-return of the shoe story I wrote about a few months ago. The Gardener played a key role, and I'm still laughing about it.

I've been cleaning out. Seems like the time of year to do some of this and I don't think I'm the only one with this idea from what I've been reading on my favorite blogs. I decided the "wedding shoes" --worn when I was a senior bridesmaid for my niece--would be worn no more and I should give someone else a chance to use them rather than letting them sit on a shelf in my closet. Little did I know who would be the recipient.

I took them to the garage and placed them on the lid of the trunk. When next I got in the car I'd pop open the trunk and put them in with the other stuff headed for charity.

There was a lot going on at our house that morning so the Gardener said he was going to get some lunch at a fast food shop. He came back just mystified with a story to tell.  As he got to the window to pick up his food a lady banged on his car window. "These fell off your car."

He didn't recognized the shoes (I hardly wore them) the woman held up to show him and he was totally confused. "Do you want them?" he asked her.

"Sure," was the woman's reply. How did that little black pair of fancy sandaled heels manage to make it all the way to the restaurant without falling off? (We won't ask why the Gardener didn't notice them sitting on the trunk. :-)

I guess it was that lady's turn to get a gift of shoes.

Photo: Little One's new red shoes on her first day of school. Photo credit to CLC or EBC.

16 comments:

  1. All's well that ends well. I can imagine The Gardener's confusion though.

    I cleaned out the bottom of the pantry and have a big box of canning jars in various shapes and sizes to take to GW. Wonder if we'll ever receive one back with, perhaps, homemade jam in it??

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dotsie, I LOVE this story -- it's so cute!! :-D I can't believe a little dressy pair of black sandals didn't fall off the car on the way to the restaurant! What are the odds?! That lady was meant to have those shoes (perhaps another wink from God?) I clicked on the link and read Part One of the shoe fairy. Oh BTW, I would love to have seen the look on the Gardener's face when he saw those shoes -- must have been quite mystified. :)

    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful fall day!

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I love this story! I can just imagine how puzzled your Gardener was when the lady approached him with a pair of shoes! :D

    And the blessing goes on...

    Secondly, I clicked back to the story of your being a "mature" bridesmaid in your niece's wedding. How touching! You must be very special to this young lady. (And I have had those same thoughts about hands...they do tell the tale, don't they? I think that necks do the same thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny! Your poor husband must have been so confused!

    That story of being in your niece's wedding is sweet. My grandma used to tell me "When I look out of my eyes, I see a young person, so when I see myself in a mirror I sometimes am startled wondering "who the old lady is." I think we get to about 25 and stay that age mentally while we age physically!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a lovely way to start my day, with a story of such serendipity. I'd love to hear it from the other side - to hear the woman tell her story of a pair of shoes 'falling right into her hands'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! What fun for all involved. You never know where your blessings are going to fall from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that funny! It was kind of your hubby to offer the shoes to the lady. Who knows where they'll travel to.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is just too funny! Can you imagine his surprise when the lady knocked on his window? Great story Dotsie. I'm glad the lady got a nice new pair of shoes. Your granddaughter's red shoes are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the serendipity of The Gardener's excursion to grab a bite to eat and deliver a pair of shoes. ;)
    Those red shoes are just too cute! I know Little One was precious on her first day (as every day). blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a sweet and funny story. It's really something that they didn't fall off the car as your husband drove. And to have both of them stay there is quite a feat. A blessing from above?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how fantastic! The shoes were meant to be for that lady then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That they didn't fall off the car before, that your husband thought to give them away, and that they apparently fit the lady ~ meant to be! Would love to hear how she's telling the story on the other end (**

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love that story Dotsie - what's meant to be - will be!
    The lady went home with a smile on her face too!
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a funny -- and wonderful -- story Podso! I can only imagine what the lady who got them told her husband ;>)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! Well, I guess it was meant to be. Amazing the shoes didn't fly off and hit someone behind him. When I was in high school and had driven to the beach for the day, I accidentally put my sandals on top of the car and shortly after driving away saw them flying off the roof. Yikes! No way I could have stopped to retrieve them. Bye-bye sandals. Hope all is well. Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great story and a great reminder for me. I have a duffel bag of shoes in the garage that have hardly been worn. I wear the same old beat up flip flops until November then who knows!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...