Wednesday, September 21, 2011

streaming thoughts


1. The other day relatives were visiting and Eldest happened to call Youngest (who was at the beach) via his iPhone, on speaker. My mother was in the den with me and she could hear their conversation coming from the kitchen. At first I wondered if she did a double take at their voices in the kitchen. Maybe she thought Youngest had just walked in the door.

Eldest came into the room carrying the phone with Youngest talking, his voice growing louder. His face came into view on the phone screen (like a mini skype session.) "Well mom," I asked,  "did you think C was actually here?"

I was amused when she replied, "No, not at all. I know not to be surprised by anything anymore in this day and age." Not bad for a nearly ninety.

2. Also on this phone to end all phones, Eldest shows me a little calendar ap with my age punched in --years, months, weeks, days, hours and the seconds ticking. I can watch myself growing older by the second. No stopping the clock. Wow, it's a little too visual for me!

3. It's not that I'm lonely, but last night I spent an hour or so crocheting with the computer ... a tutorial online. My hands were so close to hers and we used the same color yarn ... it was a bit weird. But I got a flower of sorts completed for my project. Pictures to come.

12 comments:

  1. You've decorated your blog for Autumn...I like the new header. I wonder what amazing things we, in our "nearly 90's" will learn not to be surprised about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the new technology is scary at times isn't it? I have to admit, there's help for most things you want to do on the web such as your crocheting.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you think we are living in times and history that is changing like 100 years ago?! I'm thinking a Kindle would be nice and a year ago THAT thought would not have entered my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I get the candle/bean idea from you?? I posted about it and now I remember seeing it on your blog. I have to give you credit!! :-)

    Technology is awesome if you have the time and patience to explore it, neither of which I have. I once tried to learn how to thread my sewing machine by using UTube and it was still difficult because you couldn't see all around the machine and her hands were in the way. The crocheting is much clearer. Did you like it?

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are pretty non-techno here. We have one tv and it's not a flat screen, just got this new laptop but it's called a notebook, 1 cell phone that's 9 years old and actually a nextel walkie talkie type. Love that your Mum can keep up and not be surprised:)

    Enjoy your evening!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Technology is almost getting scary. You can even make a purchase with a cell phone now! I like your new header and the candle picture on the side. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phone technology is getting so sophisticated... I wonder what is in store for the future?

    I was impressed to see my two year old grandson using his other grandmother's IPad to play a game like a pro!

    it's nice to have so many tutorials on the web...people are o generous to share their skills that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so thankful for the tutorials on crocheting. I've watched several of them. Recently, I learned a backward sc. I like the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the tutorials available online - they make everything so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Technology is amazing isn't it? FaceTime, tutorials for anything you might ever want to learn, instant updates... What an age.

    Can't wait to see your flowers!! Love the photo of the shoes!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Podso,
    Amazing the turorial that are available to us! I'll be watching for the finished project!!!
    Thank you for your sweet comments and visits On Crooked Creek! I treasure your continued friendship!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, maybe I need that tutorial. I just noticed the crocheted flower on that throw, cute as can be. Oh, and I see it's not really a shell pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...