Sunday, September 25, 2011

Don't Let the Rain Fall Down

It was wedding time this weekend ... two outdoor weddings in one very rainy weekend. 
Did you read that correctly?
Friday, with rain pounding against our windows (3 inches fell that morning), I texted my 
friend mother of the bride to "hang in there." She texted back that the wedding venue
was under water. The weather began to "mellow" by mid afternoon. 
By wedding bell time you could not have experienced a more perfect early fall
evening ... blue skies, freshly washed air with humidity slowing
vanishing ... Such a pretty, pretty wedding. 
 (by the way the chairs were white until I turned this mosaic
 into a 60s look. Aqua chairs would have been fun though!)
Saturday, the day of wedding #2 brought a deluge of torrential rain for much of the day.
At 4 pm we headed up to the lake, barely being able to see the road for the rain.
By the time we arrived at our destination, the sun was shining and it was
 apparent the rain showers had not been there recently. 
Another pretty wedding, this time in the woods with suspendered groomsmen
and a bride whose beauty could take your breath away.
Three young flower girls added to the joy of the wedding party.

The sun smiled down as it set across the lake ... a soft breeze made me reach
for my shawl as twilight brought a sweet chill to the evening air.
Time for the father daughter dance. We got up for a closer look to see how
our friend's dance lessons had paid off. Not bad at all. And tears came to my eyes when bride's
 big brother tapped his dad on the shoulder to steal the last minute of their dance.
Connecting to Little Red House's Monday Mosaics.

27 comments:

  1. Thank heavens for the sunshine! Those weddings look so pretty - weddings on my mind.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:25 PM

    Romantic weekend to be sure - lovely photos - and isn't God awesome to sweep away the rain with the sun just in time!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely outdoor weddings (smiled down upon by God) in one weekend--very nice! I am enjoying attending weddings that are different these days. Most of the weddings of my youth, and later, were pretty much the same (beautiful and enjoyable, of course) right down to mints that matched the bridesmaids' dresses. Your photos are wonderful.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet stories. I love that the bride's brother wanted in on the dance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Podso
    A happy ending for two newlyweds; I'm sure the sun picked up everyone's spirits.
    I have to wonder if people that plan their ceremony out of doors have a plan B.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain or not, the wedding was gorgeous and so are your mosaics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love an outdoor wedding and reception! There is something so much more intimate and personal. This wedding looked lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the newlyweds. I am happy that the rain stopped in time for the weddings to take place. Someone was watching over them. Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! So glad the weather ended up ok for both weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy that the sun came out for the weddings. V

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good luck for the bride and groom if it rains on their wedding day. So, both couples have a lucky future. Have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful that the rain stopped in time for the weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet story, I'm so glad for both of the brides that the weather cleared up. Nothing worse than rain ruining an outdoor wedding. I wish them all the best.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful post and a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing!
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely post. Two beautiful weddings and the sun blessed the day. I love all your wedding photo's and those little flowergirls are gorgeous.
    Have a nice day.
    Riet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh... I love that the sun smiled down on this beautiful occasion... and the part about the brother tapping the dad on the shoulder for a part of the dance... {sigh}... beautiful

    blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank goodness! The sun does come out at the right time! Beautiful weddings ... thank you for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was so excited to see those gorgeous aqua colored chairs!!! It would have been so great to really have them that color!!! Beautiful photos and congrats to couples!!!
    Have a beautiful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to the new couples!All wedding stories are so dear to my heart right now as I plan my daughter's wedding for next spring. She will also be having an outdoor ceremony so I am already worried about inclement weather. I hope (and pray) the sun will shine for her day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful! Best wishes for the happy couples! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I ever plan an outdoor wedding (first shoot me) I'm inviting you!!!!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous11:41 PM

    Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That was a lovely tale of two weddings! You are such a good writer. They both looked beautiful and romantic. I love weddings and even collect pictures of them on pinterest even though I have no wedding to plan for. Well, not yet. My daughter will marry some day but I'm not in any hurry for her to.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How wonderful that the weather co-operated for both of the weddings! The brides look beautiful. Maybe we can get together for a cup of tea sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous6:21 PM

    As always, my friend, your writing brought tears to my eyes! A wonderful post. Thanks. S.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Isn't it lovely that the weather cooperated in the end! The photos show 2 beautiful and happy occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just wonderful that the rain was gone for both weddings! They were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...