Monday, July 18, 2011

to mix and match



This is my only piece of true vintage fiestaware. It was my MIL's and we found it among her things after she died. It might have had a lid and been a teapot.
One of my sister's knows how much I love fiestaware ... and interesting postage stamps ... and many other things.  She is card maker extraordinaire and enjoys using stamps when making her cards. 


She was sure I would already know about these stamps but I sure don't. Aren't they the neatest? Along with the row of stamps comes the little piece of written history.
Totally nifty idea to use these little written histories as the feature of these 
little note cards. She makes a simple card like above, the text matching
 the stamp she is putting on the outside of the envelope, 
to pay the government for delivering her letter. 

   Clever, I'd say! Oh and Peter Rabbit? 
He's not just a nod to our little white rabbits, he's also covering up a little smudge.
And Mr. Rhead had a great idea with all that mixing and matching.  
He probably enjoyed a good tablescape! 
(a plethora of fiestaware--a feast for the eyes--found in an antique shop)

13 comments:

  1. Dotsie,
    I love Fiesta. I have it here in the cottage. The rubber-stamp is wonderful. I used to do alot of stamping. It was fun. Now it is photography to make cards!
    Have a great week!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dotsie, your sister's cards are very nice. And, that sight of all that Fiestaware IS a feast to the eyes! LOL! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fiesta ware and I only have 2 small bowls that were my MIL's as well. I've never seen it in shops up here though. Imagine seeing that much in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was interesting!
    I like fiesta ware, but like with everything else, I'd rather have one piece that means something (like your mother's little pot) than 20 from a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, have several pieces of my own, and we used the newer Fiestaware plates everyday. Sadly all my teacups gave up the ghost. But I have plenty of saucers. :)

    But of course we both love the stuff. Figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great teapot! I love fiesta ware, it is so colorful and has such lovely shapes! And that is a great stamp.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister is so creative and sweet to take the time to make something special for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that piece of Fiesta Ware. My mother's everyday dishes were Fiesta. She had, I think, eight place settings. Each was a different color. My sisters and I loved mismatching them on the table. Mother, not so much!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treasure you've found in your MIL's home!

    Since it is really vintage, you should read this statement:

    http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/t-GMA.aspx

    My DD & her family went to Homer Laughlin's factory which is just south of us in West Virginia, to buy all her dishes.


    I'm sure you've seen Candy's blog all about Fiestaware, right?
    Did you know her husband had a ♥ attack?

    http://www.thelittleroundtable.com/2011/07/home-is-where.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our kitchen is chock full of Fiesta ware. We went to one too many warehouse sales, but still love each piece! It is so cheerful and durable. Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your arrangement is unique, The rubber-stamp is wonderful. I used to do alot of stamping. I really enjoy to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Podso,
    Fiestaware is not something I chose to collect. MoMa had something similar in a green & brown wagon wheel pattern...I was glad my other sibling choose to take that! We all have our favorites...yours is lovely. Part of the collecting, for me, are the attached "heart strings". I heard the love in your voice!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...