Tuesday, July 05, 2011

where's the haircut when I need it?


The Gardener's hair is thinning out. No surprise there when you consider he's not as young as he used to be. I have given him every haircut he's ever had since before we were married --with the exception of two. (One time was to see if I was doing things correctly, and the second time was when he got tired of trying to get an appointment with me so headed off to buy his own haircut).

We have some young friends who remind us a lot of ourselves when we were their age.  The tall young man especially ... and one day awhile ago it was decided that I would show his lovely wife how to cut his hair. I must say, cutting his thick brown hair did take me back to the Gardener's hair as a young man ... his haircuts don't take much time anymore (smile). We always do haircuts in the garden if weather permits, and let the hair clippings lie where they fall.

We notice that the flowers are being left alone where the haircuts occur. But the flowers nearer the house have been visited in the night by our too-friendly deer. It makes sense since I hear they shy away from human hair.

Which brings me to the round about point of this post. Where's a haircut when we need it--for deer control if nothing else. Next week when I get my haircut I think I'll sweep up the clippings and bring them home.

I think you can tell who's who here.  :-)

12 comments:

  1. This is good stuff. "Hi" to the Gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A timely post as I'm due for a haircut. Wait! We don't have a deer problem. Could you test that hair repellent on rabbits please?

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time my husband took himself and our three boys for a haircut he came home saying that was the last time. Too expensive! A friend of mine who was a hairdresser gave us a crash course in hair cutting and from then on I cut my husband's hair and he cut the boy's. The boys still ask dad for a haircut when they come home:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been cutting my hubby's hair for almost 34 years, except for a few times he went to a barber. And funny you should discuss this today as I shaved his head last night out in the back yard! Yes, he doesn't have all the thick hair he had back in the day and I did notice a lot more gray hairs this time, but now I just take the electric clippers and zippo! It's done! I'm going on Friday for a trim a week early as my hair is just flyaway fluffy curls in this humidity!!! Have a great day!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post today. I have been trying to get a haircut for the last three weeks but every time I called my hairdresser she was booked up on the days I could go. So last Sunday I put on my brave heart and cut it myself!!!!
    It looks so good!!!
    Smiles,Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:19 PM

    I've heard that human hair keeps the deer & other critters away - good to know it works! Next haircut...
    Hope you had a great 4th, Dotsie!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too cut my hubby's hair...but I have to admit, it takes a bit of bravery on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet post, Dotsie... I love that the haircutting tradition is being passed on to another generation. I have never even attempted doing a haircut! LOL! No one would ever let me try! Wonder why? hee hee You did a very nice job!! blessings ~ tanna
    ps i like the added benefit of haircuts near the flower beds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - - - I believe you've accidentally discovered the "deer in the garden" cure!

    I can't believe it - - - I usually cut hubby's hair too, always have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm another person who has always cut my husband's hair! He's been losing it on top for years..the circle is getting wider all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how I love this! I'm amazed how wonderfully similar their heads of hair look, even if only in the back. :) What a post. I'm low on inspiration. I wonder where you get it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always cut my Mr's hair too...good memories:)
    rene

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...