Tuesday, July 26, 2011

summer time

It's hot, hot, hot here, but that's summer time. I'm not often without my camera, and as I sat in the car waiting for the Gardener to do an errand I pressed the shudder one direction and then the other. Later I realized I almost had a complete pic with the three, from Main St. in the little town by where we live ... farmers market (right), old storefront just waiting for someone to come love it (center), and left, the old fashioned hardware store...yes, creaking wooden floors, an old wooden counter, a big soda cooler, and just about any small nail or screw you might need. A big step back in time.

8 comments:

  1. You know I do so love big steps back in time. Oh, that middle one needs an adoption! I'm glad you had your camera and the Gardener stayed inside long enough for us to get a view! Have a wonderful day, Dotsie. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old towns like that, it makes me so homesick to see photos like this, small town America, I love it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful old town atmosphere. Can't beat it. There is an old building in St. Andrews with a Home Hardware in it. The old wooden floors and tin ceiling, creaking stairs to the second level are timeless. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. We recently lost our small hardware store to the big boxes. Even I could find just the right item with the help of the few employees that were so dedicated to their trade!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. There aren't many main streets like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Podso,
    We moved from a small town similar to that above. So, you thinking of opening that store front??? Oh the opportunities!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos make me miss my hometown.
    Such a pretty place.
    Smiles, Dottie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...