Friday, November 12, 2010

zippy tea


When the girls came for tea the other night I opened a new box of tea a friend had given me. It was made by Aveda and called tea/th`e (sorry I can't get the accent right over the "e").  Organic of course. When you take the first sip, its rather bland and reminded me of camomile tea, which I often drink before bed. But just as you are about to swallow the sip, something explodes in your mouth and it's truly delightful. Everyone then had to try some and we all were exclaiming as the delicious flavors of licorice root, peppermint leaf, sweet fennel, and basil filled our mouths (ingredients per the beautiful organic-looking box). Also according to the box, this tea should calm your senses and promote a sense of well-being. I'm not sure we noticed that, we were so busy enjoying the flavors but I'd definitely consider this a "party tea." Tea with a "zip."

Check out Foodie Friday for some great recipes!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:39 PM

    It sounds wonderful! I'll look for it!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci P12:58 PM

    Yesterday I went to the tea section of Harris Teeter to find something to try. I got totally overwhelmed and ended up leaving with nothing :( I'll have to check with you on your suggestions again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Haven't heard of this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if that's the tea I get when I go to the Aveda salon - if so, I agree that it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find myself some of that tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had this at the nearby Aveda Salon--while I was purchasing (get rid of your curls) shampoo and conditioner!! It really is quite good. I'm a dedicated coffee drinker, the stronger the better, but do enjoy tea as well.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lovely tea party. I have a friend who has 7 kids and when she comes over, she says my house is too quiet! HA! She is used to chaos all the time.

    I had brunch with a friend today who has such a lovely apartment and always plays soothing music.

    That tea sounds wonderful. I was surprised to see from the recipe that the pumpkin scones are savory rather than sweet -- very interesting. sadly, we can't even find pumpkin around here right now, canned or otherwise. :/

    Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...