Monday, November 22, 2010

bag lady



I like to organize but don't think I usually do a great job ... but there is one thing that I just love to do when we are expecting house guests for several days. When I finally get to sitting down and planning meals, I write out the     h   u   g   e    ,    l  o  n   g    grocery list. And with a prayer for clear thinking, I head to the store. Usually the recipes are well known to me by now, so when I come home I separate the ingredients for each meal into piles. And each pile goes back into a bag.  I have a wonderful closet under the stairs which holds far more than it should, but there's always room for those grocery bags. (And I bet an official organizer could do a lot with this little nook of a closet.) The bags are all lined up in there now, for company is a'comin' soon.

When it comes time to make a meal, I just go grab the bag for that meal! I surprise myself with my cleverness . . . LOL.

9 comments:

  1. This technique sounds very good to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS very clever and I'm glad you passed it on!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing one of the best ideas I have heard in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydia grace9:20 PM

    You are so smart...Terrific idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thoroughly impressed...great idea I will be using in the future.

    Oh I love that you are "doing it for him"....so sweet my friend. We too are heading in the same direction. I am sure this crazy year will be the last one with all the gang under my roof...as my daughter is awaiting her new home occupancy, and she will be wanting to keep her two little ones home for the holidays. These changing seasons are strange. One minute I can't wait for them all to leave and give me back my peace and quiet. The next moment I am crying because this may be the last...what ever the occasion is...I am so silly.

    Thanks for your prayers, very much appreciated. My pool is still incomplete with a foot of snow on the ground. What a month we are having, but I am still keeping my sense of humor! Thanks to prayer and God's great grace =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dotsie,
    Good idea! Jack does that for his chili but we never thought to do it for anything else. When he makes chili at the cabin, we keep the bags under the glider on the porch!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea too keep each meal in it's own bag. I may have to steal this one!!

    Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are clever! I'm wondering why I never thought of doing this sorting and bagging. Makes really good sense. Alas, I have no such storage in my wee 1921 kitchen!

    Hope all your bags come together for a happy and delicious Thanksgiving.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That IS very clever! A trick I will try to employ myself! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...