Wednesday, November 03, 2010

pos.ter.i.ty


I did it. I printed my blog. I've wanted to do so for a long time. It's hard to believe I timidly began blogging in the spring of 2006. For a whole year I printed out each page and placed it in a notebook and gave it to my mother to read. But it was time consuming. I began to research ways to print the rest of my blog, and as time went on, new and easier methods were available.

I found that once I started blogging I journaled less. And when I go back and read some of my blog, I realize it is a pretty good record of what's gone on in my life. In fact, I've found myself looking back to find out the date of when something happened, since my memory has gone wandering in recent years! Inside the front cover is written "for posterity"--meaning, for future generations. Maybe a great grandchild will find it and read it someday ... and wonder ...


It wasn't cheap. But I think it is worth it. Thankfully I happened to receive a monetary award at work that I used for this. I like the way it came out. I did it in two volumes and hope to do a third for 2010 when the end of the year arrives. You can see on my side bar a "button" noting the company I used (it's not a link--google it). I skipped the endless table of contents to save money, and some pages aren't laid out quite right (a title may be at the bottom of one page with the story or photo on another); but the photos are wonderful and over all I am very pleased. And the books arrived in about three-four days' time!

11 comments:

  1. My goodness. I really am speechless...and what a wonderful thing you've done. I don't know of anyone else who's tackled this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking to do the same with my blog. I'm going to check out your link and several others. Glad to have your input. By the way, it is sleeting here at the moment. Bah!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Love this soo much!

    You asked what a peat pot was. It's a little pot that's bio-degradable used for planting seedlings. It's made of pressed. Sometimes tomato and pepper plants come in them in the spring.

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did the same thing!!! Used the same company. It will be here tomorrow and I cannot wait. I plan to do another one if I am happy.

    Now I am having note cards made from some of my favorite photos and I will box them up for presents.

    I am glad you are so pleased.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift for posterity! It looks so beautiful! Thank you for this idea and name of the company you used. I would love a copy of my daughter's more than my own!! Holidays are coming! Wonderful idea, Podso!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea! I am glad you are happy with it- I am sure your Mom will enjoy it too.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful.....wonderful.You have captured so much in this blog that you love and cherish. Certainly
    a treasure. NOW you don't have to worry about losing it or sitting with a machine to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see them in person, if they look this good in photos online. Congrats. I know someone in the future will love to read these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! I am going to look into doing the same thing. I have thought, we put so much effort into this, we should save it some how. This sounds like a good January project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a wonderful idea. I checked it out awhile ago but put it off due to the cost. Have to save up some money first.
    Hope you have a great weekend. See you at book club.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lydia grace4:03 PM

    I can't wait to see these two volumes..I'm so glad you did this. You will treasure these books as will all who read them.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...