Sunday, October 18, 2009

the old cabinet


When you move this cabinet it's so wobbly you are just glad when you can set it down again. We've had it for years and I don't remember where we got it--probably some junk shop or garage sale. Let's hope we didn't pay much for it. It is great for storage though.


 When I got some new green pillows to add some splash to our den, I suddenly knew that some green paint would do a lot for our old cabinet. It took some time to persuade the Gardener, but eventually he was happy with the plan.


I still am wondering if I should distress it a bit, but that will take another conversation!


I have to say painting this took me back many years to a visual of my mother painting a chest of drawers this same sort of color. Except she had this "antiquing kit" they called it, and painted something else on at the end that gave it a sort of whitish gloss here and there. It was all the rage back then, as was an olive green color, which this is not, quite ...


Small changes like this bring smiles to our house!
For more smiles (before and after) see Between Naps on the Porch.

21 comments:

  1. Hi, Podso... small changes add up to big smiles when you have a cute project like that. Good job!

    Happy Met Monday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project!! I do like the green. It added some color with the green pillow!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super nice - love the little books on top and it makes a cozy setting next to your chairs !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice update! I like that color of green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that green--soooooo happy!! And it looks fantastic in the room. It is amazing how paint can transform something, isn't it. I didn't even notice the cuteness of the doors until you painted them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks grat - thanks for sharing.
    I need something like that around here for extra storage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does bring a smile. I love the green and the shape of the little cabinet. Great metamorphosis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and full of character! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! You did a great job and it looks so cozy and comfortable between your chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:53 PM

    What a pretty transformation on this piece! I love the color - you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your little green cabinet, it fits there perfectly and looks great. I am a new follower of yours and would love you to come for a visit...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! This is perfect! You have great style and I love your books too. Well done!

    Happy Met Monday!
    http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/10/walls-wrapped-in-charm.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. It brought a smile to me! I love it. I also love that my husband does the painting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh! I love the transformation! You did a great job!
    I just finished painting a table that I bought at a church rummage sale and will posting about it soon. Have a wonderful day.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous4:08 PM

    So loving that green!!!

    I have a linky party and a plea for help @ my place: http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/10/room-month-bedroom-conundrum.html Want to check it out? (I apologize if you already linked, 1/2 asleep. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that cabinet! It looks so pretty painted green. I also love the color. It's exactly the color I have been looking for to paint the armoire in our breakfast nook. Can you tell me the brand/color of paint you used?

    Thanks,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Podso, This looks great... What color paint and what brand? Love it you did a wonderful job...
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lydia grace7:57 PM

    BEEE-utiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lydia grace7:58 PM

    That is my '24' chair beside that beautiful new table, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, the green makes it look so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice! Like the shade of green you selected.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...