Monday, October 05, 2009

miles, not worlds apart


It's amazing how you can connect with people via blogs. I got this sweet little card and cup of tea from a blogging friend who I've gotten to know only through blogging, email exchanges, and fb photos, etc. What a smile she sent me through the mail! I've enjoyed the delicious cup of tea, and would only enjoy it more if we could have shared a pot together.

It's a whole new world of communication, isn't it? I find out news not only of distance friends, but of local friends as well, through their blog posts, their fb comments, and their emails. It's not as good as being together, but at this busy stage of life, it does help to keep us connected, even if only by "sound bites" at times.

Sometimes I forget where I heard what, but since friends are high on my list of priorities, I'm just glad we're keeping in touch. And, it's really not so new. Did any of you have pen pals when you were kids? I remember one that lived far away. I never met her, but got to know her a bit. Our electronic way today is really a form of "pen pal-ing" isn't it? But, when possible, real pen and paper work too. More on that another time. Thanks, friend, for the cuppa!

4 comments:

  1. The thing is, I know in my heart that if I met you "in person" that the connection would be there. You care about me as a person, and not just as another blogging pal.

    The very best sort of pen pal. :)

    Thanks for the sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comments. It really is fun to meet other people this way!
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she's wonderful in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny that you mentioned "pen paling,"
    that's exactly how my friend referred to blogging.

    I'll be sharing photo's from this year's Pumpkin Palooza in early November, so be sure to stop back!

    Thanks for visiting my friend!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...