Thursday, October 01, 2009

before I needed it


The last time I remember putting a glass pan on an electric burner it blew up. Everywhere. In small pieces coated with gravy. So when a Korean friend gave me a glass teapot, I was a bit leary. Further, the instructions were all in Korean. I put it aside for a (short) time. And one day I realized my old kettle was starting to rust! (I always keep a kettle on the stove top, ready to boil tea water.)  I tossed it immediately and then remembered I had the glass one.


Upon examining it further I realized there were some English directions printed right on one side of the kettle. I love the English ... it makes me smile. Especially "discard if it is cracked." They get their point across. I keep the burner low, and so far no explosions. It will do for now.




I've always loved daisies, and I like the way it looks like a teapot with its sweet little spout.


Two lessons here: I could say God knew before I did about my need for a new kettle. Sound trite? Maybe, but maybe not. After all, He cares about all kinds of nitty gritty daily details--He could care about teakettles too. And the second lesson this little glass teapot/kettle is teaching me is patience ... and slowing down. For when you can't put the kettle on "high" heat, but only medium to low, it takes awhile for the pot to boil!

For more "Show and Tell" see Cindy's blog, My Romantic Home.

7 comments:

  1. How funny! I've blown up stuff before too. God does know what we need before we do, so I am sure he did help along.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely true...a lesson even with a teapot. Yours is so sweet, btw, and I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you added God's message into your post! It is soo true!!!

    Enjoy your spot of tea:)
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Down to the very details ~~ AMEN.
    Done perfectly in a harmonious
    sort of symphony. Listen while that gorgeous teapot is boiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blew up a crock of chilli once! What a mess!!!!
    Love the glass pot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed looking at your pretty teapot! And the lesson you included, that is so true. He cares about all the details in our lives. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha...I too put a glass dish on the stove and had it explode! I was only 19 and cooking my very first Thanksgiving dinner. I put a glass baking dish on top of the stove because the counters were full of other stuff. I didn't realize I turned the wrong burner on for something else and I was heating up an empty glass dish! I was out in the living room with a lot of my family members when we heard an explosion! I'm just so happy no one was in the kitchen! Be careful with yours! It sure is cute!

    Thanks for joining in on Show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...