Tuesday, June 09, 2009

pitcher stories


As I looked at the two pitchers (or jugs as they say elsewhere) in my photos of a previous post, I thought I'd mention where they come from, since it's a bit unusual. I love to collect pitchers, by the way, particularly small ones, and very particularly, H*lls creamers. My most favorite large pitcher, a pink depression glass, passed on to me from my grandmother, I dropped into a million pieces. We've moved on. The green pitcher is now my favorite.  Ten years ago when we took girls to work in Romanian orphanages, my cohort bought it for me for 50 cents in a Romanian antique shop. I wrapped it carefully in bubble wrap and it made it home. I use it all the time and love it. The other one, with the silver rim that requires polishing, came from my mother's house recently ... and was given to my father, the preacher, from a funeral home director, thanking him for his business. It could be close to 50 years old. Now I once more have two again, for two kinds of tea. But still not quite adequate on a really hot night!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Dotsie
    You'll probably go through all that tea today. I think it's going to be a hot one! I am off to Mary Jo's Fabric store this morning, a sewer's paradise! Hope you have a good day.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...