Thursday, June 04, 2009

easy?

We were talking with some friends last week over dinner on our porch. We discussed how life had not turned out the way we had planned. You know, as children we read storybooks and somehow assume that the life ahead of us will be like one. But deep disappointments, hurts, adjustments, all kinds of twists and turns arrive at the doorsteps of our lives. Last weekend our newspaper had a feature article on Ruth Gr*ham. The headline described what she said about her life with a husband away much of the time. "It's not easy. But God never promised easy."

Note to the younger generation (and myself): Be flexible. Don't be disappointed when roses don't always grow in your garden. Accept what comes with grace. Remember, God never promised easy, but He did promise to be there in the journey with us, helping us place one foot in front of the other. 

4 comments:

  1. New headliner! I want to sit there!
    And within those plans of the Lord are great joys and blessing far above what we ever could imagined!
    Lots of twists and turns to our doorsteps! I like that sentence.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so much of my son when I read this. He had everything all lined up, just the way he thought it would be...well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO, not easy. But full of grace. Aren't We so thankful for that? Thanks so much for the sweet words for encouragement and understanding.
    I enjoyed your post about your porch (how sweet) and the wedding-(mother & son dance) - oh and the siren prayer. They touch my heart. Every single one. Thank You.
    Have a very sweet weekend!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blog, thanks for stopping by for the porch party! I love your words of wisdom.
    Joy and blessings,
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...