Tuesday, June 23, 2009

4 good wheels and a list gone missing

We're heading up to a mountain house a dear friend is giving us for a week's use. Believe me, it's nicer than the mountain house on the above photo. Various family members will be coming and going. It's been awhile since I had to gather together the fixings to transport somewhere for a week of meals for from 5 to 10 people at any given time. So I spent a long time on my meal plans, their ingredients, and then a master grocery list--all typed as it was easier that way. Then, feeling fairly organized, I headed to that huge store with a big sigh and a prayer, and a thanks for finding a cart where all four wheels worked.


I started in the card section looking for two anniversary cards for sister and niece. Got the same card for both and then realized I was putting out 6 dollars for two cards; no wonder I make cards whenever I can. So put them back and went to the 88 cent section. I think I placed my mega list in my empty grocery cart. There was another woman with an empty cart also looking at cards. Well, my list disappeared. It either went in what became her cart (and her cart then became my cart), OR, ... puff ... a gremlin stole it just like that.


I felt slightly sick and very stupid. But I winged it. Immediately saw a guy from our church and laughingly told him my predicament. He told me I could do it. And I did. I went up and down the aisles just looking the trying to remember the list. Later I called those aisles "streets" when telling The Gardener my woeful tale. He tries to encourage me to slow down enough to use the correct words. And I replied, "Well, they were streets! They were so crowded they needed a cop to control traffic or at least a yellow yield light." And when I went to check my mega list on the computer I was surprised to find I had only forgotten one item on that long list! There must have been angels helping me.


And, again, so thankful for four wheels that worked on that cart. It was a heavy load by the end!

2 comments:

  1. There's a (not so private) joke in our house that while I always go to the grocery with a list, I always forget at least one of them. And it's written down.

    Shows in your case that God cares even about the little things (not that grocery shopping is small potatoes!), and is there all the time.

    Glad it's behind you now. :) Hope you all have such a wonderful RELAXING time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dotsie
    If you are ever think you see me in a store please come over. I'd love to meet you!
    Hope you have a great week in the mountains.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...