Sunday, June 14, 2009

'fore and aft'


My sister has been doing a lot of work on her house and I just love what she's done to her bedroom. So I asked if I could do a blog post on her bedroom change. Since she, like me, enjoys taking photos, of course Lulu said "yes!" See "Metamorphasis Monday" to see other "before and afters."

Her old headboard was ready to be changed when she came across one in the trash. Painting it white transformed it. When we visited in February she asked what we thought of her new red spread. She was tired of a dust ruffle and wanted a straight forward bedspread. We voted thumbs up.


Sewing machine (newly painted white) moved across the room, replaced with bedside tables found at an antique store (along with dresser and chest of drawers) ...


New headboard in place, but still needed to paint plate holders and get new bedside lamps positioned. New picture placed over bed.


The final product is very soothing to the eye, don't you think?
Photos: not mine and used with permission.

19 comments:

  1. So fresh and pretty! I love transferware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ! I am a sucker for anything red !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm very fond of red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and fresh. I love the colors.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This make-over makes a lot more sense. It is too funny that I left the comment on your test blog...I thought maybe we were supposed to imagine what the photos were saying to us!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous! Great inspiration.

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely transformation! I love the red mixed with the warm colors of the wood and the darker plate holders. Really turned out beautifully...so glad your sis let you share her wonderful bedroom for Met Monday! :-) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your room! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty...that looks like a nice room to relax in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous headboard! The bedroom is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great makeover. Your sister's room is so tranquil and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, your sister did a great job, and nice photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful room! I love the plate holders. Do you know where they came from? ~~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary@Boogieboard Cottage3:10 AM

    Lovely looking bedroom, great job! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sister's bedroom looks wonderful! I love all the white with the red accent of the bedspread, transferware and chair pillow. I too have an older sewing maching cabinet I will be refinishing.. hers came out really nice! Thanks for sharing! Huggy Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice - love the reds and whites !
    Hugs ! Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful transformation. What a difference some white paint can make. I really like how it all turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lydia grace8:01 PM

    Please ask your sister where she found her bed...I love it and we are looking at beds..great blog entry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lydia grace8:03 PM

    OOPS, as I went back and read your blog and not just your photos, I read where she found it in the trash..you gotta be kidding..

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...