Tuesday, June 02, 2009

little chatter

Another package came from Lulu ... they are such fun to open. This time it included some mystery Dutch figurines ... we're not sure whose they are but I did buy them in Holland and am glad to see them again. But also included was another little journal book. Since it was a "Dick and Jane" theme, she suggested I use it to collect funny things Little One says. I remember wanting to write down so many things our kids said, but then forgetting to. I promise if Youngest and DIL send them to me, I will write them down.

So far the funniest things I think Little One says are:  when she sees a flower, it's a sniff. She wrinkles up her little nose and sniffs as hard as she can. Sometimes we hear her sniffing and look around as we know there's a flower somewhere nearby. She learned this through the Pat the Bunny Book. Remember the page where you sniffed the lovely (?) scent of the flower? The other funny thing Little One "says" is a high, tiny shriek whenever she spots a photo of her mommy's sister. Obviously that means "fun." It makes us laugh. We also hear "Daisy" (for dog) and "Baby" a lot, as well as "mama" and "dada" and some other things sounds that are beginning become clearer. Not bad chatter for almost a year old.

Speaking of funny things, my mother was describing a man she knows who had just come back from being away. "He looks a bit different," she stated, "His hair is pasted in a different direction."

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe the little one is so grown-up. And talking....seems only yesterday she was born.

    What a great idea to have a book of her sweet quotes. That'll be something she'll treasure herself in the years to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat sister you have! I'd love to meet her sometime. LOL

    That's a great idea to have a book to write all the things that Little One says.

    Your mother's comment is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a great idea. My funniest quote that I remember one of my children saying was when Tim had just turned five and I told him to come to me so I could wash his forehead he said "it's not a fourhead it's a FIVEHEAD! I thought it was cute anyway.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...