Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a simple phrase

Just a simple phrase in our pastor's prayer Sunday burrowed into my heart. "According to His riches." He was speaking about how God can answer our deepest heart prayer ... the one we don't think could have an answer. Another pastor spoke later about practical atheism ... how we say God can do anything, but when it comes to our own seemingly insurmountable burden, we don't really believe He can. Or at least it's hard to keep up at that level of faith without falling into despair on occasion. Lack of faith in an all-powerful God? That's not believing He is who He says He is.  Is. 41:10 paraphrased: "Fear not ... be not dismayed ... I will help you ... I will uphold you."  Powerful words we can believe.  And all because of His riches.

3 comments:

  1. I caught that phrase too. I think it was the context he used it in. Amen to the Word burrowing into a heart!

    Fabulous photo!!! Where is it?

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Manatee River near my sister's. It took quite a few tries to get the photo right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great food for thought. Oh, not to be a *practical* atheist.
    Thanks,
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...