Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pray, Dad, Pray


The shrill sound of a siren caused me to swing over to the edge of the road. I watched the fire truck weave it's way through vehicles scrambling to get out of the way. I found my eyes misting. I wondered what emergency the first responders were headed to. But it was thinking of my niece that really brought the emotion.

My brother got a thing started with his kids. When they are driving and hear a siren, they pray for the emergency. Now their youngest reminds her dad whenever she hears the sound of a siren. They live in an area where they hear sirens fairly often at their house. My SIL tells me that whenever there's the sound of one, they hear a little voice calling from somewhere in the house, "Pray, Dad, pray!" She doesn't let him miss a one. Not one. Today I could hear the echo of her sweet voice calling.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Out of the mouths of babes. SW

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom and dad always told us to say a prayer for the safety of the officers/firemen and those they are responding to...and to say a prayer for the soul of the deceased whenever we see a funeral pass. My kids and now grandkids are now doing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...