Tuesday, May 12, 2009

the answer

My first (and only other) boyfriend picked a daisy from a meadow and handed it to me. It was the late sixties and daisies were popular then anyway, but it became my favorite flower. Maybe it's the simplicity of the flower, or the "he loves me, he loves me not" charm of it. So when friend Susannah brought daisies to swim in the centerpiece for our table last Saturday, I was pleased. 

I guess no one knew my favorite flower, or my all-time love of green, for there was no suggestion of #8 as the correct answer. The favored choices, with their simplicity and blue do look like me, I agree. I also thought the 70s era china (daisies again) might give it away. Thanks for the guesses, and for reading my blog.

2 comments:

  1. This might sound like my husband (being the charmer that he is) but I find you utterly irresistible. Couldn't stay away if I tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to make daisy chains. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...