Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ask the world

"Ask the world to reveal its quietude--not the silence of machines when they are still, but the true quiet which birdsongs, trees, bellworts, snails, clouds, storms become what they are, and nothing else. " 
From Sabbaths 2001, by Wendell Berry
A quote sent to me by my good friend B.  After hearing so much about this author, I am finally reading one of his books.  But I must say, I'm so used to associating his name with B, that it sort of startles me to see his name on a book in my house. At the outset, it looks like I'll be enjoying a good read.

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm convinced. Wendell Berry it is. Going to the library tomorrow, and will seek him out.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will. I read that quote and thought WHAT a good quote! ( !!) Enjoy Hannah Coulter. I know you will.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...